It’s not everyday I get to discuss corporate restructuring with an expert but recently I had the rare opportunity to interview a friend and colleague with lots of experience in this area. Jennifer Tice is a Learning and Development executive with experience in major corporations including one of our clients, Fidelity Investments. She has participated in numerous restructuring efforts and I got to ask a few questions I’ve always wanted to ask of a top executive!
- Why do companies embark in restructuring and reorganization efforts?
- What are some common factors that determine the success or failure of a restructuring process?
- What are some common challenges mid-level managers face during reorganizations?
- How do you help them balance their personal agenda and the company agenda?
- What would you advise a top-level executive who is considering restructuring the organization? What should they definitely do? What should they definitely not do?
- How should change management be used during a reorganization effort?